We are searching for an volunteer coordinator for our client . He/ She will manages all elements of volunteering either within their own organization or on behalf of the organization for which they are recruiting volunteers. The role involves assessing an organization’s needs and then meeting those needs through the recruitment, placement and retention of volunteers.
This position coordinates the activities of the organization’s volunteers in order to supplement staffing needs and get community members involved in the organization’s mission. Responsibilities of this position include recruiting, training and managing volunteers.
- Specific job duties for this position include advertising for, recruiting and screening volunteers; providing orientation and training for volunteers; tracking volunteer performance; providing on-going support; and keeping record of volunteer activities.
- This position requires an outgoing individual with strong communications skills, as much of the job involves interacting with volunteers. Daily tasks may include scheduling meetings with volunteers, contacting volunteers about availability, receiving feedback about volunteer experiences, responding to volunteer inquiries and questions and recognizing volunteer efforts with awards and thank you letters.
- The volunteer coordinator also works closely with other departments within the organization to ensure volunteer needs are met. Duties may include meeting with staff to develop a calendar of events, creating volunteer schedules and ensuring an adequate number of volunteers for various department functions.
Typical work activities
- Researching and writing volunteer policies and procedures.
- Liaising with departments within their own organization or with organization’s for which they are recruiting volunteers (e.g. charities and councils) to understand how they work, develop partnerships and assess their volunteering needs.
- Generating appropriate volunteering opportunities and role descriptions based on the needs of the organization.
- Raising staff awareness of the role and function of volunteers.
- Ensuring there is appropriate support and training for volunteers.
- Promoting volunteering (internally and externally) through recruitment and publicity strategies and campaigns.
- Recruiting volunteers and ensuring they are appropriately matched and trained for a position.
- Organizing rotas and providing inductions and training.
- Monitoring, supporting, motivating and accrediting volunteers and their work.
- Celebrating volunteering by nominating volunteers for awards and organizing celebration events.
- Offering advice and information to volunteers and external organization’s through face-to-face, telephone and email contact.
- Organizing profile-raising events to attract new volunteers.
- Attending committees and meetings.
- Managing budgets and resources, including the reimbursement of expenses.
- Keeping up to date with legislation and policy related to volunteering and making any necessary modifications to accommodate changes.
- Working with multiple agencies across different sectors in order to establish good working relationships to influence decisions about volunteering.
- Generating income, writing funding bids and fundraising to make projects sustainable.
- Monitoring and evaluating activities and writing reports for funders and trustees.
- Maintaining databases and undertaking any other administrative duties.
The volunteer manager should have the following skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in social service-related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- The ability to communicate with, supervise and empower volunteers to be effective in their roles—experience with volunteers preferred
- The ability to work cooperatively with different types of personalities
- Knowledge and understanding of issues and dynamics within ELOIM programs and projects
- Commitment to ELOIM program’s goals and mission Employers typically seek a four-year degree and previous volunteer management experience for this position. Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office are also desirable.
- In addition to education and previous work experience, employers may seek a number of personal attributes. These include strong oral and written communications skills, organizational skills, customer service focus, and flexibility.
How to Apply: Apply now with your CV to email address; firstname.lastname@example.org stating the Job Title as the subject.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If not contacted within two weeks after application deadline, then you may consider your application unsuccessful.
Disclaimer: Exquisite Solution Limited provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age or disability. Our Equal Employment policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including; Hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.