We are searching for a chief operations officer for our client. He/ She will be responsible for delivering measurable, cost-effective results that make the vision of our client a reality. Importantly, the successful COO will have the skills, sensitivity, and personal confidence to tap into the power that each member of the team brings to this mission.
Key Responsibilities Include;
- Working in partnership with the CD, create the strategic five-year plan and implement new processes and approaches to achieve it
- Serve as the internal leader of the organization:
- Coordinate the annual operations plan and budget
- Lead the performance management process that measures and evaluates progress against goals for the organization
- Provide for all staff a strong day-to-day leadership presence; bridge national and regional operations and support an open-door policy among all staff
- Lead and manage the organization’s Management Team, who have the following responsibilities:
- Raise local funds
- Build local fund raising and sales infrastructures within local offices
- Generate sufficient local revenue to cover local costs
- Increase fee-for-service contracts
- Identify geographic growth opportunities and priorities
- Communicate the branded message internally and externally
- Increase key impact measurements
- Ensure that all programmatic partners renew their contracts
- Develop curriculum, tools, and training that meet cost guidelines
Finance, Technology, and Human Resources
- Produce and implement a Balanced Scorecard metric throughout the organization
- Cultivate the values of our client within the organization
- Instill a human capital development and “coaching” culture within the company; upgrade human resources functions including: training, development, compensation and benefits, employee relations, performance evaluation and recruiting
- Develop an accounting system that provides the organization with quick access to financial information and enables strategic budgeting
- Analyze the current technology infrastructure and scope out the next level of information technology and financial systems that support the growth of specific programs and the organization overall
Fund Raising—function reports to CD; dotted-line reporting to ED on:
- Development and implementation of systems for reporting, measurement and supporting local revenue generation
- Administrative aspects including proposal preparation and granting writing
- Work with the national board of directors: present to the board at quarterly meetings and serve on several board committees
The candidate should demonstrate a passion for breaking new ground to lead social change. Beyond that, we are seeking a candidate that has proven experience in scaling a multi-site organization and a demonstrated ability to both lead and build the capabilities of a driven, bright, diverse team.
COO must have management experience with a non-profit organization. As noted, this is an organization driven by the values of its people, so experience in managing a “values-driven” organization will be highly prized. Additional requirements are:
- Results-proven track record of exceeding goals and a bottom-line orientation; evidence of the ability to consistently make good decisions through a combination of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment; high level of business acumen including successful P&L management; the ability to balance the delivery of programs against the realities of a budget; and problem solving, project management, and creative resourcefulness
- Strategic Vision and Agility-ability to think strategically, anticipate future consequences and trends, and incorporate them into the organizational plan
- Capacity Building—ability to effectively build organization and staff capacity, developing a top-notch workforce and the processes that ensure the organization runs smoothly
- Leadership and Organization-exceptional capacity for managing and leading people; a team builder who has experience in scaling up organizations; ability to connect staff both on an individual level and in large groups; capacity to enforce accountability, develop and empower top-notch leaders from the bottom up, lead from the top down, cultivate entrepreneurship, and learn the strengths and weaknesses of the team so as to put people in a position to succeed
Action Oriented—enjoys working hard and looks for challenges; able to act and react as necessary, even if limited information is available; not afraid to take charge of a situation; can overcome resistance to leadership and take unpopular stands when necessary
How to Apply: Apply now with your CV to email address; email@example.com stating the Job Title as the subject.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If not contacted within two weeks after application deadline, then you may consider your application unsuccessful.
Disclaimer: Exquisite Solution Limited provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age or disability. Our Equal Employment policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including; Hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.