We are searching for a Chief Mechanic who will be responsible for overseeing mechanical works of our client’s construction sites in such a manner as to support operations in the most efficient way possible. This position directly reports to the Plant & Workshop Manager as per the attached organogram
Key Responsibilities Include;
- Respect the requirements of the quality, safety and environment management system.
- Be the driving force for proposals in line with company guidelines
- Participate in the company’s improvement dynamic
- Respect the procedures and instructions which are in effect.
- Ensure compliance with laws and regulations governing the work
- Responsible for performance and supervision of workshop team on: performing a variety of maintenance and repair of equipment, vehicles (both gasoline and diesel powered), scheduling preventive maintenance and repair.
- Ensure accepted standards for the repair and maintenance of vehicles and equipment guide.
- Performs and supervises the service, maintenance and repair of all company equipment and vehicles
- Diagnoses construction and maintenance equipment mechanical problems and the cause of the malfunctions
- Operates power tools in maintaining, fabricating and repairing equipment
- Occasionally, perform welding, acetylene burning, brazing and soldering as required
- Trains subordinates in techniques of preventative maintenance of vehicles and equipment
- Maintains an inventory of spare parts, requisitions and or purchases.
- Perform other duties as assigned by your supervisor.
- Master’s degree/Post graduate diploma in mechanical engineering
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or related discipline
- At least 8 years’ experience in mechanical works
- Knowledge of specialized systems
- Knowledge of QHSE guidelines & regulations
- Knowledge of procedures of work
- Operation of heavy and light equipment
- Knowledge of use and care of tools and equipment necessary to perform mechanical repair tasks
- Microsoft office
- Qualipro Xl software
How to Apply: Apply now with your CV to email address; email@example.com stating the Job Title as the subject.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If not contacted within two weeks after application deadline, then you may consider your application unsuccessful.
Disclaimer: Exquisite Solution Limited provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age or disability. Our Equal Employment policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including; Hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.