Our client, a Germany Government Agency based in Kampala, has an excellent opportunity for an Administrative Assistant – Editorial in her Uganda operations. On top of performing some office admin functions including liaising with suppliers, contractors and partners, the Administrative Assistant works with the Publishing department in the day-to-day operations by providing admin support to all partners.
Essential Job Duties:
- Ability to formulate correspondences with prescribed templates, observing lay outs and content including advising content while paying attention to the proper application of language.
- Assisting all aspects of the publication process, including but not limited to checking in new submissions, facilitating peer review, preparing and sending author and reviewer communications.
- Assist with responding to author and publisher queries, as well as performing proofreading and corrective function to editorial material.
- Manage deadline compliance while effectively communicating project statuses and related information with key stakeholders as may be required.
- Provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers and volunteers by among others responding to author and publisher queries.
- Successfully complete multiple duties and projects while managing competing demands and priorities.
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university or college.
- Previous experience in similar or related field.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat.
- Proofreading and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work independently managing multiple projects and deadlines.
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Publishing experience, office working or copy editing experience will be an added advantage
- Ability to maintain data confidentiality and security.
How to Apply: Apply now with your CV to email address; firstname.lastname@example.org placing in copy; email@example.com
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If not contacted within two weeks after application deadline, then you may consider your application unsuccessful.
Disclaimer: Exquisite Solution Limited provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age or disability. Our Equal Employment policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including; Hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.