Our client, a leading law firm in Uganda and Internationally, is looking to hire an enthusiastic Legal Associate to join their team in Uganda. Some of the key responsibilities will include:
- Drafting documents, including commercial agreements pleadings, notices, affidavits and correspondence
- Drafting and lodging documentation for registration of companies
- Drafting resolutions of shareholders and directors of both public and private companies
- Furnishing legal opinions and advice on any areas of the law arising in commercial litigation and corporate commercial environment
- Consultations with clients and counsel
- Attending at the High Court and Magistrate court, and appearances in Magistrates Court
- Conducting negotiations with a view to settling potentially litigious matters
- Conducting the administration of an attorney’s practice, including file management and electronic time-keeping
Required Experience & Qualifications:
- 3-7 years post qualification experience as an advocate
- At least a 2nd class law degree from a recognized university
- Relevant experience with a law firm in 2 or more of the areas of; banking & Finance, Project Finance, mergers and Acquisitions, Telecoms, Cooperate Finance, Commercial Litigation, Infrastructure, Energy, Capital Markets and regulatory.
How to Apply: Apply now with your CV to email address; firstname.lastname@example.org placing in copy; email@example.com
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If not contacted within two weeks after application deadline, then you may consider your application unsuccessful.
Disclaimer: Exquisite Solution Limited provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age or disability. Our Equal Employment policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including; Hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.